Susan A. Benning
Susan joined Pollock & Company in 2012.
Susan grew up in Brandon, Manitoba, and completed her undergraduate Honours degree at Brandon University, graduating with Greatest Distinction. Susan received her Bachelor of Laws from the University of Manitoba in 2011 and was admitted to the Manitoba Bar in 2012.
Susan articled with Legal Aid Manitoba in Winnipeg, Manitoba, where she practised child protection and criminal law. She has appeared before Masters and Judges in Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench and Manitoba Provincial Court.
Since joining Pollock & Company, Susan has focused her practice primarily in civil litigation.
- Call to the Manitoba Bar, 2012
- University of Manitoba, Faculty of Law, 2011
- Brandon University, Bachelor of Arts Honours, 2007
- Civil litigation
- Medical malpractice
- Personal injury
- Notary Services
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Community Legal Education Association
- Member-at-large, Manitoba Bar Association Equality Section Executive
- Presenter, Community Legal Education Association
- Presenter, Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre Legal Workshop Series
- 2011 Frank Billinkoff Prize, highest standing in Advanced Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- 2011 JSD Tory Writing Award, paper From Donor to Dad? An Analysis of the Proposed Right to Disclosure of Sperm Donors in Canada
- 2010 Mr. Justice Gerald W. J. Mercier Prize, highest standing in Advanced Family Law
- 2007 Brandon University Silver Medal in Sociology, graduating student with the highest academic performance in the department