Meeting with a lawyer for the first time can be intimidating. We offer a free initial consultation at Pollock & Company. What is a free initial consultation?
- A first opportunity to tell a lawyer about your case and your goals.
- Free – There is no charge for the time we spend with you in discussing your legal matter. Whether it takes us 10 minutes or an hour to meet with you initially, there is no charge.
- Confidential – Even if we do not ultimately act for you, you can be assured that anything you say to us during our free initial consultation will remain confidential. We are bound by law to preserve confidentiality.
- In many instances, a chance for you to become more informed generally about the legal process.
- A meeting to outline what we can do for you and how much it might cost you for legal fees if we are retained.
- Your chance to see if we are the right lawyers for you, before you pay any retainer.
It is not:
- A meeting to obtain “free legal advice” from us. Legal advice often involves additional research of rules of Court procedure and case law and formulation of a legal opinion.
- An opportunity for us to educate you on the law or how to litigate your case for you so that you can proceed on your own or through another lawyer.
- A platform to ask and answer specific questions about your existing claim – but we can offer information generally about how we can assume representing you in your existing case.
- A high-pressure sales pitch by us to tell you why you should retain us to represent you.
The pros outweigh the cons. Please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers.Tags: free consultation, initial consultation, law, lawyer, Manitoba